Pot brownies are one of the most pleasant, tastefull and healthy way to use your pot. Pot brownies taste is delightfull, much better than the smoke and most of all brownies do not pollute your lungs as the pot joint does. Here are a few good recipies for pot brownies, including basic pot butter, famous space cakes and some more interesting ideas to try.
Pot butter – basic and cruicial ingredient of any pot brownies
A quick pot butter recipie
1. You’ll need two pots of different sizes. Pour some water in the larger one and put butter in the small one. Now put the pots small inside the larger one and You’re ready to melt down the butter.
2. After the butter has melted, add pot in the amount of Your desire. Remember, the more pot You add to the mixture, the stronger the cookies will become
(Proportions example: 1 ounce of pot to 6-7 sticks of butter)
3. Simmer the mixture for about 25 min and remember to stir it every few minutes.
4. Give it a few minutes to cool down a bit and then strain out the butter into deep plate or a bowl.
5. Squeeze all the juice out of it and put aside to cool down.
6. Once cooled to room temperature put in fridge for few hours to coagulate.
7. Have fun
The best pot butter recipie
The first step in cooking magical cannabis-laced foods is extracting the cannabinoids (THC, CBD, and many many more) from the plant matter, usually in a oil/fat/butter-based solution, since the cannabinoids do not readily dissolve in water. My best FOAF has a method for doing this that he has not seen mention of in this forum. He got it from a little book called _The Art and Science of Cooking with Cannabis_, by Adam Gottlieb, orignally published in 1974. Gottlieb calls the product of the extraction `CANNABUTTER’.
The procedure is actually very simple. He brings a pot of water to a rolling boil, then puts a small amount of butter in the water. Quickly, the butter melts, and mixes in with the water because the whole mixture is at a rolling boil.
Then he puts the grass in and boils it. (Of course, he separates all the seeds first so he can plant them in the nearby park.) Now all the grass is riling around with the water and butter, and get this: The cannabinoids dissolve into the butter, while most of the nasty flavors and gook dissolve into the water. He stirs the stuff regularly. After cooking the grass like this for a while (say, half an hour), his kitchen really smells incriminating. He strains out the spent plant matter, squeezes all the juice out of it, and puts the liquid in the fridge.
A few hours later, the mixture is cool enough that the cannabutter has solidified on the surface. It looks kind of scummy, but its just enchanted butter. He scoops it out and retains it in a bowl or a jar. The grass-nasty water is thrown out.
Although this method takes longer than the usual saute-n-strain method, it has several advantages:
* As explained above, the nasty shit is separated and removed from the fun shit.
* You can make stronger cannabutter than by saute-ing, because you can cook more grass in the same amount of butter, due to the extra volume of the water.
* There is no danger of burning the precious, price-inflated, hard and dangerous to obtain herb, as there is when you saute, because the water keeps the whole mixture at boiling temperature!
The cannabutter can be used just like butter, in brownies, on garlic bread, or mixed with honey on your finger!
Pot butter comments:
Smells – I’ve only made cannabutter once, it turned out great, but it definitly had a strong odor when I was cooking it. It almost smells like a mix between really really dank pot and cooking spinach. The following day, the kitchen still wreaked of weed. My advice for those who are worried about smells, is to go outside somewhere and bring a campstove or something. Cooking outside would prevent you from stinking up your house/apartment. If you had a backyard, that would be great, though I’de be careful of nosy neighbors, ect. Maybe cooking at night would be best.
As for butter/food ratio — When using the cannibutter to bake deserts, ect, try to keep the butter to food ratio as low as possible. Don’t make giant cakes, instead make a small batch of brownies. It’s better to eat a smaller more powerful brownie — your body digests it quicker, therfor giving you a stronger high. If you eat a lof of food, the thc is released into your bloodstream at a slower rate, therfor decreasing the intensity of your high.
When I made brownies, I used about a quarter of pot to each stick of butter. This made the butter very potent. As for not straining — you can do this, but your food/butter will have bits of weed in it…and honestly, the pot doesn’t taste very good at all.
Start with a small dose — Eating pot brownies gives much stronger effect than smoking pot. there really is no set dose, it all depends upon how much pot you used to make the butter, and how much food you’ve combined the cannibutter with. If you eat too much you may just get too high and want to sleep/pass out. Also try taking a bit of the cannibutter and spreading it ontop of a ritz cracker or something — this would be a good dose to test out the potency of your butter.
Pot brownies recipe:
Space cakes – the most popular pot brownies to try.
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 30 min
Total time: 1 hour
Amount of brownies: 20
* baking soda: ½ teaspoon
* brown sugar: ½ cup
* egg: 1
* flour: 1¼ cup
* granulated sugar: ¼ cup
* pot-butter: ½ cup
* salt: ½ teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Mix (by hand) the pot-butter, sugars, and egg into a large bowl.
3. Combine the baking soda, salt, and flour.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir by hand.
5. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light brown.
7. Hungry? Let cool for 3 or 4 minutes, grab and enjoy your pot brownies!
To read the complete article, visit www.allpostseeds.com